1.16.2014

I Made a Tumblr.


Last week I started a tumblr page where I will attempt to post drawings at regular intervals.  I think of it as a New Year's Resolution that will (hopefully) help me continue to develop my visual chops and sensibilities.

So far (8 days into it) it's going really well!

But I know it's going to become much more difficult to stay committed as time goes on...and that's the challenge...will I do this consistently and eventually create some meaningful work?  We shall see.

One thing starting a Tumblr has done for me already though, is reignite my interest in animation.

If you've spent any time on Tumblr, you're sure to have noticed the presence of gifs--those loopy and looping slices of motion and the staples of endless (vapid?) buzzfeed articles.  Well, in the last few days I've been figuring out how to turn my drawings into little gif animations and I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.

Here's a taste:


So if you think you might be interested in my drawings, head over to gregorypurifoy.tumblr.com and like something, reblog it, or follow me!  ¡Viva el internet!

3 comments: